** IMPORTANT **
This plugin has been updated for BuddyPress 1.5.1
This plugin will display a simple twitter-like notification ‘New activity update. Refresh the page.’ via ajax if a new activity stream record has been posted.
Polling is enabled for certain areas – main activity, group activity, profile activity (and the subnav – just-me, friends, groups, mentions)
Does not return a # of new activities – Does not live refresh the page. (no plans – future BP roadmap to include this already)
Restricted to loggedin_users, does not check for new activity comments.
The default polling is every 2 minutes (120000 milliseconds)
- Author’s Site
- BuddyPress Activity Stream Ajax Notifier – About Page
- BuddyPress and bbPress Developer Hook and Filter API Reference
- @etivite etivite+
- Upload the full directory into your wp-content/plugins directory
- Activate the plugin at the plugin administration page
ਅਕਸਰ ਪੁੱਛੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਵਾਲ
- How do I adjust the ajax polling settings?
Edit the timeout polling via the wp-admin settings page
Default is: 60000
- How do I change the CSS style of the notification message?
Override the CSS for #activity-notifier and #activity-notifier-link
- Can you display how many new activity stream records? Can you just display the new activity stream records live?
No – the objective of this plugin is just a simple notification. BuddyPress.org RoadMap has live activity updating planned for a future release.
- How does it work?
Due to the complex ajax loading involved with BuddyPress and the activity stream – this plugin tries to intercept the current activity-loop request via the current_action/url or bp-activity- cookies set in BP’s query_string ajax handler.
A timestamp is saved within the activity-loop of the first record (if ordered by DESC – would be the most current). This value is passed via ajax along with the current determined $query_string for bp_has_activities().
A new activity_template request is made and a simple comparsion of the passed in timestamp vs $activities_template->activities->date_recorded – and returns a simple yes/no.
- My question isn’t answered here
Please contact me on http://etivite.com
There are no reviews for this plugin.
ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ ਤੇ ਵਿਕਾਸਕਾਰ
“BuddyPress Activity Stream Ajax Notifier” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ
ਵਿਕਾਸ ਕਾਰਜ ਵਿੱਚ ਰੁਚੀ ਰੱਖਦੇ ਹੋ?
- BUG: tidy up php notice due on wp-admin settings page
- BUG: fix injecting ajax js on certain activity loop pages
- updated for buddypress 1.5
- admin page for ajax polling
- remove update notification for current user submitting status update
- First [BETA] version