This plugin converts Bulgarian cyrillic characters in slugs and filenames to Latin characters, according to the official rules for transliteration. Cyrillic letters in URLs, while supported, are ugly and when copy/pasted around the internet are often encoded (converted to those ugly URLs looking like %DU^ED%…)
The plugin automatically converts slugs when a post is created or updated. It also automatically will convert cyrillic characters in filenames, upon media upload. The filename conversion can be disabled through wp-config.php
It will also work for Russian permalinks, as it matches all the letters in the Russian alphabet, although the user should have in mind that there are minor differences in the common transliterations rules in the two languages.
- Automatically converts existing post, page and taxonomy slugs when you save them
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
ਅਕਸਰ ਪੁੱਛੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਵਾਲ
- How do I stop transliteration of media uploads?
Put the following in your wp-config.php file:
ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ ਤੇ ਵਿਕਾਸਕਾਰ
“Bulglish Permalinks” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ
“Bulglish Permalinks” ਦਾ ਆਪਣੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰੋ।
ਵਿਕਾਸ ਕਾਰਜ ਵਿੱਚ ਰੁਚੀ ਰੱਖਦੇ ਹੋ?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- WP5 supported
- File names transliteration now optional
- Now will auto convert filenames upon upload
- Works on front end saving of posts as well
- Added missing letters from Russian alphabet
- First release