Issuu.com is a great place to host your PDF magazines, but you’d rather keep your visitors on your site then send them over, right?
Issuupress fetches (via the Issuu API) a list of all your PDFs hosted on issuu.com and allows you to display that list on your blog via a simple shortcode.
You can optionally restrict the list by tag, and control the issuu viewer via shortcode attributes.
You will need credentials to access the issuu API: login to issuu and access http://issuu.com/services/api/ to find your own API key and key secret.
Simply put the
[issuupress] shortcode where you would like the catalog to be. Add attributes to customize it.
[issuupress viewer=”mini” titlebar=”false” vmode=”” ctitle=”Pick a PDF file to read” height=”480″ bgcolor=”FFFFFF”]
To customize its appearance, use your theme’s CSS style.css file.
- Extract the zip file
- Drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation
- Activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
- Go to Settings > IssuuPress, enter your API key and API secret, set the cache value.
- Use the shortcode wherever you see fit. To customize its appearance, use your theme’s CSS style.css file.
[issuupress viewer="mini" titlebar="false" vmode="" ctitle="Pick a PDF file to read" height="480" bgcolor="FFFFFF"]
- viewer=”mini” : Possible values: “no”,”mini”,”presentation” or “window”. Default: “mini”.
- titlebar=”false” : Displays the PDF’s titlebar. Possible values: “true”, “false”. Default: “false”.
- vmode=”” : Displays pages next to each other, or underneath each other (“single”). Possible values: “single”, “”. Default: “”.
- ctitle=”” : Title to print on top of the list of pdf files. Default: “Pick a PDF file to read”
- height=”480″ : Controls the viewer ‘s height dimension. In pixels. Default: “480”.
- bgcolor=”FFFFFF” : Controls the viewer background color. In hexadecimal. Default :”FFFFFF”.
- img=”false” : Set this to a number will display the thumbnail of each pdf at the provided width (ex: img=”120″ will display the thumbnail at the width of 120px).
There are no reviews for this plugin.
ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ ਤੇ ਵਿਕਾਸਕਾਰ
“issuupress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ
- Fixed issue with links leading to 404
- Tested against wordpress 4.4
- Fixed issue if your website is using SSL (https protocol)
- Tested against wordpress 4.2
- Enhancement: added the option to only fetch public/private or both documents from your Issuu account.
- removed Tag support, since Issuu removed it.
- Enhancement: added the option to set the display order.
- Fixed “Notice: has_cap”
- Fixed issues related to the cache file not being writable
- Fix: smarter automatic setup on plugin initial configuration
- Fix: use “https” url instead of http to remove security warning on SSL websites.
- Improvement: add “&debug” to the settings page url to display a Debug box with useful information (or simply click on the “View Debug information” link in the Settings screen.
- removed causes for php notices.
- Improved error reporting
- Improved the Rebuild Cache process
- Thanks to Adam Lazzarato for bug reporting and beta testing °-)
- Fixed warnings appearing if no document was found.
- Annoying warning happening on some installations after updating the plugin. Hopefully this should sort it out.
- woops. A few quirks got left behind.
- New option: show a message when no pdf is returned.
- New shortcode attribute “img” that can be used to display pdf thumbnails (suggested by Adam Lazzarato). Set the img to the desired width (ex: img=”120″ will display the thumbnail at the width of 120px).
- Removed an incoherence that could make it that no pdf would be displayed if no tag was provided. Sorry about that.
- Fixed the tag not actually filtering anything (duh!).
- Added many additional attributes to the shortcode to allow you to customize the viewer
- Added admin option to manually refresh the cache.
Fixed a lot of initalisation bugs. Sorry about that.