Use this plugin when you want to display a list of recent YouTube videos from a
channel or playlist in your site’s sidebar.
This plugin is a fork of Aleksandar Urošević’s YouTube
Channel. This plugin is much
more lightweight and does only have a subset of YouTube Channel’s features.
The videos are each only presented with a thumbnail, and optionally also its
title and/or description. Clicking a thumbnail takes the user to the video’s
page on YouTube. This results in a much smaller codebase and no additional
front-end dependencies. The original plugin, YouTube Channel by Aleksandar
(jQuery, FitVids.JS and
Magnific Popup), which
potentially makes the whole WordPress site both slower to load and use.
- Display latest videos from YouTube channel, favorites or playlist.
- Option to get random videos from resources mentioned above.
- The videos are displayed with a thumbnail.
- Clicking a thumbnail takes the user to the video’s page on YouTube.
- Custom caching timeout.
You can use the
style.css from your theme to style the widget’s content.
.youtube_channel– Main widget wrapper class (non-responsive block has
default, responsive block has additional class
.ytc_title– Class of video title above thumbnail.
.ytc_video_container– Class of a single item’s container wrapper.
.ytc_video_2, … – Class for the container of a single
item where the number is the item’s placement in the list.
.ytc_video_first– Class of the first item’s container.
.ytc_video_last– Class of the last item’s container.
.ytc_video_mid– Class of all other containers.
.ytc_description– Class for video description text.
The full source code of the plugin can be found on Github at
- Upload the plugin’s directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Add the widget to one of your theme’s widget areas.
ਅਕਸਰ ਪੁੱਛੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਵਾਲ
- Who should I direct support questions to?
Daniel Jonsson. Aleksandar Urošević has not been involved in this fork.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ ਤੇ ਵਿਕਾਸਕਾਰ
“Lightweight YouTube Channel Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ
ਵਿਕਾਸ ਕਾਰਜ ਵਿੱਚ ਰੁਚੀ ਰੱਖਦੇ ਹੋ?
- Initial release