You can now disable XML-RPC to avoid Brute force attack for given IPs or can even enable access for some IPs. XML-RPC on WordPress is actually an API that gives developers who build mobile apps, desktop apps and other services, the ability to talk to a WordPress site. The XML-RPC API that WordPress provides gives developers, a way to write applications (for you) that can do many of the things that you can do when logged into WordPress via the web interface.
Block XML-RPC by following way.
- Disable pingback.ping, pingback.extensions.getPingbacks and Unset X-Pingback from HTTP headers, that will block bots to access specified method.
- Disable/Block XML-RPC for all users.
- Enable XML-RPC based on IP list.
- Disable XML-RPC based on IP list.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the ‘XML-RPC Settings’ screen to configure the plugin.
ਅਕਸਰ ਪੁੱਛੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਵਾਲ
Do I need to take a backup of my existing .htaccess file
Yes, it’s preferable to take a backup of existing .htaccess file.
What if .httaccess file doesn’t have writeable permission?
You can copy and paste new rule in your .htaccess file from plugin setting page.
ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ ਤੇ ਵਿਕਾਸਕਾਰ
“Manage XML-RPC” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ
- Beta release with basic testing.