Does the pushpin not describe your custom post type? Here are hundreds more icons to choose from. Icons are the GPL-compatible Font Awesome Icons.
This is the same icon features that comes with SuperCPT 0.2+, but pulled out of the plugin for those crazy birds who don’t use it.
This adds a function you can use,
pti_set_post_type_icon( $post_type, $icon ); to set your post type’s icon. For instance,
pti_set_post_type_icon( 'event', 'calendar' );. You can also set the global variable $pti_icons as an array of post type => icon names. Using the global variable is safer, since it doesn’t rely on a function (you could of course call
if ( function_exists( 'pti_set_post_type_icons' ) ) to be equally safe using the function).
- Upload to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Figure out which icon you want to use. Go to Tools → Post Type Icons page for a reference.
- In your theme or a plugin, set the icons in one of the following ways:
a. Call the function
pti_set_post_type_icon( $post_type, $icon_name );, e.g.
pti_set_post_type_icon( 'event', 'calendar' );
b. Using the global variable
$pti_icons, set the array key => value pair such that
'post_type' => 'icon-name', e.g.
$GLOBALS['pti_icons']['event'] = 'calendar';
ਅਕਸਰ ਪੁੱਛੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਵਾਲ
- Do I have to write code/edit my theme to use this plugin?
For now, yes. The next version will come with a GUI.
- Does this do anything besides add icons?
Not at all! If you want more functionality, check out SuperCPT, which helps you create custom post types, custom taxonomies, and add meta boxes.
- I set my icons and they’re never going to change. Is there a way to remove the plugin overhead and make it static?
Sure thing! The plugin pretty much just adds CSS to the admin which get added to the document head. Move those to your theme/plugin (not your main style.css since this is the admin panel, you’ll need an admin-only CSS file). You can leave the paths the same if you don’t plan on uninstalling the plugin (you can still deactivate the plugin). If you want to uninstall it, you’ll have to copy the fonts to your theme/plugin and change the paths in the CSS.
- I don’t want my client seeing the Post Type Icons page in the admin, can I remove it?
add_filter( 'pti_plugin_show_admin_menu', '__return_false' );in your theme/plugin.
ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ ਤੇ ਵਿਕਾਸਕਾਰ
“Post Type Icons” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ
“Post Type Icons” ਦਾ ਆਪਣੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰੋ।
ਵਿਕਾਸ ਕਾਰਜ ਵਿੱਚ ਰੁਚੀ ਰੱਖਦੇ ਹੋ?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixing issue with multiple post types
- Readme update
- FontAwesome 4.0.3 update
- Fixed PHP 5.2 error
Removed assets from trunk