Scrollr is a lightweight tool that helps you to link to a page’s section and to smothly scroll to it. This way, it bypasses the browsers’ “bumping-jumping” behaviour for the in-page linking.
Another available option is scrolling up to the page’s top, i.e. usually labeled as “back to top”.
Currently there’s no UI settings, scrolling works with the plugin’s default settings. To make the linking to the targeting page’s section, you just have to add a “scrollr” class. The idea is to keep things lightweight and simple. If there’s many user requests in the future, we’ll consider making the UI options like scrolling speed etc.
Basically, Scrollr may help you to create:
- One page navigation
- Documentation page
- Smooth Scrolling to important sections
- Back to top button
From your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins -> Add New, then search for the “Scrollr”. Activate the plugin.
Alternatively, install “Scrollr” by uploading the files manually to your server. Download the plugin here from wordpress.org, upload the files to the plugin directiory of your WordPress installation. Go to the admin dashboard of your site, now. Navigate to the Plugins section and activate Scrollr plugin.
* Make a section linking:
- Set the HTML anchor for the targeted section. This is done by selecting any block and from its Advanced tab entering the html anchor value.
- link to the targeted section by setting an internal link (with button, paragrph link, etc). This means that you create a link which starts with # sign and then just add the HTML anchor you’ve asigned to the targeted page’s section in the previous step.
- While creating a link, add a class “scrollr”. This is done from the block’s Advanced tab.
* Create a back to top button/link:
- Add a button or a paragraph (where you set a link)
- Set a link with just a # sign
- Add a class to this block “scrollr-top”
There are no reviews for this plugin.
ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ ਤੇ ਵਿਕਾਸਕਾਰ
“Scrollr” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ
1.0.1 – 2021-09-15
- Improvment: Better handling of multiple links inside the scrollr scope, e.g. more than one scrollr link inside the paragraph
1.0.0 – 2021-08-20
- Initial release