Generate a page of simple shipping labels from WooCommerce orders page and print on any continuous feed label printer (usually a thermal printer) via the browser print dialogue (Ctrl + P).
For advanced label styling checkout Simple Shipping Labels Pro
- Custom label size
- Custom label padding
- Edit labels before printing
- Auto fitting text fields
- RTL support
- Hide country for local orders
- Country/state displayed in English for international orders
- Install using the WordPress built-in Plugin installer, or Extract the zip file and drop the contents in the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- To edit label settings go to WooCommerce > Simple Shipping Labels submenu.
- Save your changes and generate test labels directly from plugin settings page.
- Make sure to properly setup your label printer in operating system and set the correct paper (label) size.
- To generate labels page from WooCommerce orders – go to WooCommerce > Orders, click the ‘Label’ button of any order or select multiple orders first.
- To print the labels – open the print dialogue (Ctrl + P) in the generated labels page, select your label printer, in advanced settings remove the default page headers, footers and set margins to ‘none’.
For additional support or questions visit plugin page.
ਅਕਸਰ ਪੁੱਛੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਵਾਲ
Which browser works best with the plugin?
This plugin was developed for use via Google Chrome browser, since it has enough print control options in the print dialogue.
Other browsers, Safari for instance, lack some basic settings like setting page print margins to none, causing either page overflows or wasting printable area.
How to set label size?
Go to the plugin settings page in WordPress dashboard > WooCommerce > Simple Shipping Labels and set various label parameters.
How to edit label fields in the generated labels page?
Every label detail field is editable. Use Enter key for adding line breaks and keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+B (bold) | Ctrl+I (italic) | Ctrl+U (underline). Every field automatically adds a line break once there is enough place for two lines.
How to change label orientation?
For some label sizes you may want to use different orientation.
Google Chrome browser print dialogue can help to achieve it natively:
- Switch the label height/width values in plugin label settings.
- In browser print dialogue choose Layout > Portrait.
Do I need Pro version?
The Simple Shipping Labels Pro provides a few additional features, but here are a few alternatives and ideas to consider first:
1. Branding/sender/return address section – static info and logos can be printed separately in large quantities and color, thus can be designed in any editor, printed locally or via 3rd party services, such as noissue / StickerMule or your local printing houses, and many more creative packing solutions like custom packing tape.
ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ ਤੇ ਵਿਕਾਸਕਾਰ
“Simple Shipping Labels for WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ
“Simple Shipping Labels for WooCommerce” ਦਾ ਆਪਣੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰੋ।
ਵਿਕਾਸ ਕਾਰਜ ਵਿੱਚ ਰੁਚੀ ਰੱਖਦੇ ਹੋ?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.0.5 – 2022-03-03
- Fix: Keep using recipient billing phone if shipping phone field is empty (until WooCommerce duplicates the billing phone to shipping, just as other fields, or themes expose the shipping phone field once “Ship to a different address?” checkbox is checked, showing the shipping address form)
1.0.4 – 2022-03-01
- Breaking fix/feature: Recipient shipping phone field data now comes from a dedicated order shipping phone field, which was added in WooCommerce 5.6 release
- Feature: New recipient details layout – postal code before city
- Feature: Replace order id with get_order_number() function, to support Custom Order Numbers plugin
- Feature: Split settings page sections into separate tabs
- Feature: Print label button in order details page
- Feature: Added link to settings page from plugins page
- Feature: Added local/international label class name as a discriminator to distinguish between internal/external destinations styles – for those who manually edit the plugin code and label style (use if for conditional styling)
1.0.3 – 2021-06-01
- Fix: settings page script and style enqueue ‘undefined index’ error notification
1.0.2 – 2021-04-02
- Fix: Destination postal code moved after state, in accordance with international addressing requirements
- Fix: Enabled order id field editing
- Feature: Setting to show/hide order company field
- Feature: Setting to show/hide order phone field
- Feature: Setting to display order state abbreviation or full name
- Feature: Setting to show/hide order total (some local shipping carriers require this info)
- Feature: Setting to select destination details layout (useful for larger labels)
- Feature: Setting to auto-open print dialogue when label page is generated
1.0.1 – 2020-12-12
- Fix: Updated text auto-fit function to handle pasting formatted text as plain text
1.0.0 – 2020-09-05
- Initial Public Release