Top Cat allows you to specify a main category for your posts. Even though WordPress posts can have more than one category, you may want to specify which of them is the main category for each post. Top Cat lets you do this and also provides template tags for displaying the main category.
Using style sheets, you can then apply different styling to posts based on their main category, even if they belong to the same set of categories. For an example, see my home page at http://www.thunderguy.com/bennett/
- Copy topcat.php into your WordPress plugins directory (wp-content/plugins).
- Log in to WordPress Admin. Go to the Plugins page and click Activate for Top Cat.
- Note that the administration functions should work on most modern browsers. I will add universal support soon.
ਅਕਸਰ ਪੁੱਛੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਵਾਲ
- What is this good for?
Suppose you have a post about the Cannes Film Festival, and another about a French film. Both might be in the “France” and “Films” categories, but perhaps you’d want to put the film post mainly in the “Films” category and the Cannes post in the “France” category.
Using Top Cat’s template tags, you can then style the posts differently based on their main categories. For example, see my home page at http://www.thunderguy.com/bennett/
- I don’t see the radio buttons on the admin screen!
The administration functions of Top Cat currently don’t work on all browsers, especially older ones. I plan add universal support in the near future.
- How did you add the radio buttons to the admin screen?
Have a look at the code… It’s slightly tricky because Windows Internet Explorer works differently to the way you might expect.
There are no reviews for this plugin.