Out of the box and without any configuration, the plug-in will display a list of errors in between the title and first field of the comment form. The plug-in will also show an asterisk as a required mark next to the label of the name, email and comment fields and repost the comment form data for these fields. You can further customize the behavior of the plug-in with the plug-in functions.
Visit the WP Inline Comment Errors for more information and documentation.
- Spanish Andrew Kurtis WebHostingHub
- Chinese Taiwan
Note: The plug-in is localized/ translateable by default. Please contribute your language to the plugin to make it even more useful and I will add your translation credit and a link to your web site on this page. Read the ‘translation-instructions.rtf’ document in the plug-in files for detailed instructions on how to translate this plug-in.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working. You can install the plug-in using WordPress plug-ins page or you can manually install the plug in.
- Download the plug-in wp-inline-comment-errors.zip archive
- Unpack the wp-inline-comment-errors.zip archive
- Upload the folder named
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Review the plug-in Settings page to see how the plug-in is configured
- Review the plug-in documentation for more information on how to customize the plug-in
ਅਕਸਰ ਪੁੱਛੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਵਾਲ
- Do I need add any code to my site to make this plug-in work?
No. The out of the box install should automatically display a list any comment form error messages in the post or page with the form.
- Can I change the way the plug-in displays error information?
Yes. The plug-in is very customizable. You can use plug-in functions to modify just about any aspect of the display of errors. Note that you will need to at least be familiar with coding cascading style sheets to make changes to the ‘out of the box’ error display. If you want to customize beyond that you will need to be familiar with PHP and basic WordPress programing concepts. Please review the extensive plug-in documentation at the plug-in page.
- Can I change the wording of the error messages?
Yes. You will need to add some code to your functions.php in order to set new wording for the message. Furture version of the plug-in will allow you to set the message wording in the plug-in settings page.
- Why does this plug-in use PHP sessions?
PHP sessions are an idiomatic way to pass data between two different scripts. The plug-in uses a session variable to pass error information and HTTP POST data from the comment form back to the page or post that the user was commenting on. Normally a user submits the comment form which passes data to the WordPress wp-comments-post.php script. If there is an error the wp-comments-post.php script terminates and displays errors using WordPress’s default error display, which is an unformatted page. The plug-in improves upon this behavior this by storing the error data and form POST data in a session variable, redirecting the user back to the page or post and printing POST data back into the form and printing the error information where you specify.
- What happens if a user has disabled cookies and my server does not support GET based sessions?
In the rare case where a user has their web browser set up to block all cookies and your server is set up to handle sessions with cookies only (ie sessions are disabled), then the plug-in will fall back to displaying error messages in an error message template. You can provide your own customized template so the error messages appear in a page formatted like your web site. If you do not provide a template then the plug-in will use the WordPress default error display to show any error messages. Review the documentation for tips on how to create an error message template.
- How do I know how my server supports sessions?
The plug-in settings page provides information about your PHP sessions settings and will advise you as to whether you should set up a error template or not.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ ਤੇ ਵਿਕਾਸਕਾਰ
“WP Inline Comment Errors” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.ਯੋਗਦਾਨੀ
ਵਿਕਾਸ ਕਾਰਜ ਵਿੱਚ ਰੁਚੀ ਰੱਖਦੇ ਹੋ?
- Corrected an issue where default error messages would not translate.
- Corrected an issue where form field names were not displaying properly when WordPress is set to use Chinese language
- Corrected an issue where plug-in incorrectly displayed name field error message for duplicate comment situation
- Corrected an issue where custom messages set by wpice_set_messages configuration function would not display
- First release.